Melt Fusion

"Remembering Miles" by Carlos Santana, extract from The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions.

I remember Miles Davis. Miles, the enigma, the musical shaman, and Miles the divine rascal. Miles, the artist, the evolved spirit beyond duality/beyond good and evil, and Miles, my mentor ; Miles, my friend.

After the 1969 Woodstock Festival, the Santana Band was big, really big. I remember when Bill Graham asked us who wanted to open for us our concert tour and I said I wanted Miles Davis but that we should be opening for him.

Not too long afterwards, thanks to Bill we started doing concerts with Miles. I remember when we played outdoors at Tanglewood in Lenox, Massachussetts, and Miles drove up in his yellow Ferrari. This was the band with Keith Jarrett and Chick Corea, along with Dave Holland, Gary Bartz, and Airto Moreira. They played music meant for the cosmos. It was out, it was in, it was unreal, and it was oh so glorious.

dare it

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés